Chris Guerra, is an amateur Ultra-Marathon runner and close friend of host, Rick Alexander. While not being in the Ultra-Running scene for very long, Chris has immersed himself in discovering all of the techniques needed to be successful at one of these races while balancing a family and work life.
Featuring: CHRIS GUERRA
Lionheart Radio Host, Rick Alexander, sits down with Chris Guerra to discuss all things Ultra-Running. Some of the highlights include:
- How to go about running an Ultra-Marahon with no training preparation…although, not recommended;
- Strategies on dealing with diet, injuries, and sleep deprivation during a race;
- Best shoes for training and why;
- Ways to maintain or increase muscle mass while training for an Ultra-Marathon;
- Determining the type of runner you want to be;
- Specific exercises that have a transferability into running;
- Chris’ method behind the “chin tilt”;
- Forming a mental checklist;
- Building both your running pace and your walking pace; and
- How Chris ate a doughnut a day during training and still lost 12lbs of fat.