Brandon Heavey is the co-host of Strength and Scotch, a weekly podcast that provides listeners quality information on health and fitness. Brandon is also the founder of Evidence Based Athlete. Evidence Based Athlete is a company that provides nutritional coaching, training programs, and hormone testing for clients. Before taking on new clients, Brandon and his team interview every potential client to determine whether the company is the best fit to help the potential client meet his/her goals.
Featuring: BRANDON HEAVEY
Lionheart Radio Host, Rick Alexander, sits down with Brandon Heavey to discuss all things fitness and nutrition. Having helped hundreds of people through training or nutrition, Brandon is extremely knowledgeable in the science behind gaining strength, improving aerobic capacity, or losing weight. Some of the highlights of this episode include:
- Why building a strength program around each individual’s priorities is paramount to fitness success;
- The differences of using CrossFit as a sport and CrossFit as a means to get fit;
- His tips to prepare for the CrossFit Open and how to improve upon weaknesses in the off-season;
- Building aerobic capacity;
- The pros and cons of popular diets such as the Ketogenic Diet and the Paleo Diet;
- Testing your hormones to discover any deficiencies and then cure them;
- Importance of cortisol levels and sleep hygiene; and
- Being careful about the popular “food sensitivity” trend.
If you are interested in Brandon’s services or the Strength & Scotch podcast, check out the links below.
facebook /Evidence Based Athlete
youtube /Evidence Based Athlete
Precision Analytics – Dutch Test