Colin O’Brady is a pro endurance athlete, mountain climber, adventurer, professional speaker, and overall badass. Colin’s most notable feats are holding the record for both the Explores Grand Slam (challenge to reach the north pole, south pole, and climb the tallest summit on the and the seven continents) Seven Summits (climb the highest mountain on each of the seven continents). He completed both adventures simultaneously in 139 days and 131 days respectively. Adding to his resume, Colin is also a former professional triathlete and represented the United States on the ITU Triathlon World Cup circuit, racing in 25 countries on six continents from 2009-2015.
Featuring: COLIN O’BRADY
Host, Rick Alexander, sits down with Colin to discuss his journey through life and what led him to embark on these physically grueling challenges. Some of the many highlights from this episode include:
- How Colin overcame being badly burned in a fire and proving doctors wrong when they told him he would never walk normally again;
- His reasoning as to why he never listens when someone tells him he can’t do something;
- Overcoming setbacks;
- Balancing strength and recovery for optimal training results;
- Colin’s non-profit through Beyond72, which inspires kids to set goals and lead active and healthy lifestyles;
- The difference between people who make it and people who don’t;
- Using meditation to help you physically accomplish challenges;
- His journey in competing in the Explores Grand Slam and the Seven Summits;
- What he means by Type 2 fun; and
- How to keep pushing forward in what you are passionate about.
If you would like to donate to Colin’s charity and help children with combating obesity, click here.