Nick Knowles is a certified personal trainer through the National Strength & Conditioning Association and has worked with hundreds of individuals across the world, from doctors to those fighting cancer. Through his experience, Nick is well versed in multiple areas of performance training, general fitness, and nutrition. In addition, Nick qualified for the NCAA D1 National Championship in wrestling and received All-American status at the NCWA National Championships. He has competed for multiple National teams, winning California Greco Roman & Freestyle State Championships, and even training internationally at the Ukranian Olympic Training Center.
Featuring: Nick Knowles
Host, Rick Alexander, and personal trainer, Nick Knowles sit down to discuss how he became so passionate about fitness, designing individualized programming, and tons awesome tips for our listeners on how to maximize training. Highlights include:
- Carry over of Olympic lifting and competitive athletes;
- Determining your “why” for every lift;
- Tips for getting into personal training or the strength and conditioning field and whether obtaining certifications is necessary;
- Periodization – The phases to training, the time frame of the phases, and why going through training phases is important;
- Playing with volume and intensity in your training program;
- Nick’s personal training program;
- Importance of mock-competition workouts;
- How putting yourself in humbling situation can improve your training results; and
- Programming through plateaus;
If you are struggling with your training program or just want some new tips, this is an episode you won’t want to miss!