Peter (“Pete”) Pisani is a former Division I football athlete and the co-owner (and coach) of Stay Classy CrossFit in San Diego. Pete is a competitive CrossFit athlete, making it to the California Regionals in 2016. He has also been featured as a fitness model in Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, GQ, as well as a number of other international, national and regional campaigns.
Featuring: Peter Pisani
Host, Rick Alexander, and Pete – who is a longtime friend of everyone at Lionheart Radio – sit down to discuss all things programming. Whether you are new to training, a seasoned Cross-Athlete, an endurance athlete, or even a traditional sports athlete, this episode has something for you. Pete enlightens all of us on the intricacies of training for your goal. The episode also includes:
• Pete’s and Rick’s upcoming face-off: If Rick can qualify for the Granite Games, Pete will run a 50-mile Ultra Marathon (having ran no more than 4 miles at one time);
• Why mental toughness can make or break one’s success during Ultra Marathons or Ironman races;
• Pete’s philosophy when it comes to protecting his athletes and clients from their own egos;
• How CrossFit can help former athletes continue to use their athleticism;
• Using trial and error to determine what diet and training works for your body type;
• The behind-the-scenes world of Body Building and NPC;
• The intricacies of training traditional sport athletes and how their training must support lateral movement and explosiveness;
• Why it is important to always question your coaching, training or programming; and
• How to train more efficiently to still produce results but cut down on time in the gym.