Brian Mackenzie is a human performance and movement specialist. He is the innovator of the endurance, strength and conditioning paradigm, co-founder of Power Speed Endurance, which specializes in using movement as a diagnostic for sport, and co-creator of XPT Experiences. Brian has studied performance and movement since 2001 with altitude, hypoxia, breathing mechanics & methods, along with heat and cold exposure. He co-authored the books Power Speed Endurance, The New York Times Best Seller Unbreakable Runner, and Unplugged and has been featured in Competitor Magazine, Runners World, Triathlete Magazine, Men’s Journal, ESPN Rise, and The Economist, just to name a few.
Featuring: Brian MacKenzie
LionHeart Radio host, Rick Alexander, sits down with power, speed and endurance expert, Brian MacKenzie. Brian explains how to control various stresses on the body to vastly improve endurance performance. In addition, Brian also shares unique insight into:
• The process required to improve your distance running time;
• Why training at high intensity for a shorter distance is better than volume training;
• How the average working person should approach endurance training;
• The benefits cold and heat adaptation has on the body and metabolism;
• The importance of controlling all stresses on the body, including sleep and job stress;
• Breath training and why it helps people become CO2 tolerant, develop more red blood cells and creates a physiological adaptation;
• Why training masks should be used during recovery versus during the actual workout;
• The necessity of engaging in resistant breathing warm-ups for all conditioning workouts; and
• Brian’s new PSE Pro Program.
To check out all of Brian’s many projects, see the resources below.